The Cathedral is open to the public for 11.00 a.m. Mass daily, including Sundays and also 7.00 p.m. Mass every evening except Tuesdays & Thursdays, when Evening Mass takes place in Bóthar na Naomh Church. The capacity of the Cathedral is 150 people (3 Zones – 50 people). Bóthar na Naomh Church is open for Sunday Mass at 9.00 a.m. and Evening Mass on Tuesdays & Thursday at 7.00 p.m. from June 1st next. All Masses from Cathedral & Bóthar na Naomh Church are live streamed. The capacity of Bóthar na Naomh is 70 people (2 Zones – 35 people). We ask everyone to consider attending a maximum of one Mass per week to dispel the possibility of larger crowds attending any given Mass. We would like to remind people to sit on the X, as these are clearly marked for social distancing. The Cathedral will remain open for private prayer from after 11.00 a.m. Mass until 5.00 p.m. each day. Bóthar na Naomh Church will continue to be available for private prayer from 9.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m. each day except on Sundays when it will remain open after 9.00 a.m. Mass until 2.00 p.m. Pallottine College Chapel is open for Mass at 10.00 a.m. each day. The capacity for Pallottine College Chapel is 36 people.
- Funerals: There is an increased risk of transmission of the virus where families and communities come together following the death of a loved one. Maximum of 50 people now allowed at Funeral Masses, regardless of the size of the church – hence 50 only in our Cathedral. (i.e. regular daily Masses 150 people allowed, Funeral Masses 50 people allowed). We appeal to our parishioners that if it was your intention to attend the 11.am Mass, in the event of a Funeral taking place please make an effort to attend the evening Mass on that day instead. People not attending the Funeral Mass are asked to avoid congregating immediately outside the church building or around the hearse. For the sake of the great majority trying to keep to the public health guidelines, we ask people, difficult as it is, not to approach the bereaved in the church grounds or cemetery to sympathize.
- Baptisms will take place at the following times: Cathedral Saturdays @ 6.00 p.m.; Sundays after 11.00 a.m. Mass. Bóthar na Naomh Church Sundays after 9.00 a.m. Mass. Maximum of 6 people (incl. parents) allowed. Contact Parish Office for booking and further details.
- Weddings: Up to 50 guests are permitted to attend a wedding ceremony.
- Confessions will not take place until further notice.
- Travel: Inter-county travel has resumed.
- Wearing Of Face Coverings is compulsory when visiting the Cathedral or Bóthar na Naomh Church. (It is understood that for medical reasons some people may not be able to comply with this request.)