PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL…
As we have moved into Level 5 Thurles Parish Pastoral Council acknowledge and give thanks to everyone involved in the opening and running of our churches in the last number of months. It has been an immensely difficult time for all of us and having our churches open for daily mass has been a privilege that has brought great comfort to many people. We might not have realised how precious this freedom was until it was taken away from us, so being able to celebrate Mass together, as a community, over the past number of months has been uplifting and a real source of joy.
The reopening of our churches could not have happened without the time and dedication of so many wonderful volunteers who made themselves available to ensure our churches were safe, welcoming spaces for all to return. The many Stewards, Eucharistic Ministers, Ministers of the Word and our ever-attentive Sacristans made it possible for Masses, Funerals, Weddings, Baptisms, Communions and Confirmations to go on in a safe and dignified manner. The Baptismal Team who found new and innovative ways to prepare parents for Baptism, and the schools and teachers who prepared their students for Communion and Confirmation all allowed Parish life to continue in very altered circumstances. Never before has community involvement been so necessary in allowing the daily life of the Parish to continue, and thankfully volunteers were not hard to find in Thurles. It is wonderful to know that when the need is there, we have an army of volunteers waiting to step forward. Your work is very much appreciated.
Unfortunately, we now find ourselves again celebrating Mass behind closed doors. We of course wish that this were not the case, but we also recognise the danger that this virus continues to pose. We must continue our efforts against Covid-19 for as long as it poses a health risk. Thankfully, our churches remain open for private prayer and we thank our sacristans for keeping our churches clean and sanitised throughout the day. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the community who are doing their bit to stop the spread of this awful virus. Thank you for your patience and your perseverance. Please God our prayers will be answered, and life can return to normal soon.
- The Cathedral and Bóthar na Naomh Church will remain open for private prayer. The Cathedral will open between 11.30 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. Bóthar na Naomh Church will open from 9.00 am – 2.00 p.m.
- Masses will be celebrated daily (Monday – Sunday) in the Cathedral at 11.00 a.m. & 7.00 p.m. Mass will be celebrated in Bóthar na Naomh Church at 9.00 a.m. every Sunday. All Masses are live streamed from our parish website. Masses can be heard through the local Cathedral & Bóthar na Naomh Radio links.
- Planned Baptisms are deferred until a suitable date can be arranged later.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation will not take place during this time of restriction.
- Funeral Masses may be celebrated with 25 mourners present.
- Weddings may be celebrated with up to 25 guests.
- Parish Office open from Monday -Friday, 11.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Closed for lunch 1.30 p.m. – 2.30 p.m.
- Visits to Cemeteries are allowed under Level 5 Covid-19 restrictions.